Golf Cart Accidents
For golfers and retirement communities, the use of golf carts are becoming more and more common. These vehicles are small, compact, and make a day on the golf course easy and reliable. Some older residents even rely on golf carts for their everyday country club leisure activities. They use it for sight seeing beautiful parks and for feeding birds. Florida, with its sunny weather and calming scenery, makes the use of golf carts all the more appealing. Despite the convenience and utility of these vehicles, they have also contributed to numerous golf cart injuries and even deaths.
Golf Cart Accidents in Central Florida
In Florida, golf carts are not restricted to the fairways and cart paths of the course. In many communities, they have replaced cars as the preferred mode of transportation.
The proliferation of carts and their inherent dangers lead to many injuries. The Law Offices of Brent C. Miller has extensive experience in personal injury claims arising from golf cart accidents. Call us for a free consultation if you have been injured as a passenger or struck by a golf cart. We take cases in Lake, Citrus, Marion and Sumter counties, as well as across Central Florida, including The Villages and other retirement communities.
Types of Golf Cart Accidents
At the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, our golf cart accident attorneys have recovered settlements and jury verdicts in a wide range of cases on golf courses, public paths and roadways, including:
- Collisions between two carts
- Overcrowding (too many passengers on a cart)
- Golf carts struck by cars while crossing roads
- Pedestrians and golfers run over by carts
- Sharp turns and reversals
- Wet, slippery roads/environments
- Passengers thrown from carts or pinned when carts tip over
- Distractions (such as eating, drinking, texting, or not paying attention to surroundings)
On behalf of clients, our personal injury attorneys have sued negligent golf cart operators, automobile drivers, property owners responsible for obstructions or potholes, and cart manufacturers. Motorized carts qualify as a dangerous instrumentality under Florida law. This requires the operator to exercise “due care” because of the inherent dangers and lack of passenger protections.
We have seen permanent injuries from serious golf cart accidents: broken bones, back injuries, injuries to the face or sternum, road rash, serious lacerations and fractures. Our legal team works to ensure that clients get properly diagnosed and treated and recover damages for any lasting disability.
Did You Know?
- Golf cart accidents primarily affect the elderly and children.
- According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), there are 15,000 golf cart related emergency visits within the United States each year.
- Unlike automobiles, many golf carts lack airbags, seatbelts, turn signals and other mechanisms contributing to its overall safety.
- As a result, they are much more vulnerable and prone to placing drivers/passengers at significant harm.
- An automobile accident will likely produce less harm than a golf cart accident because of built-in safety equipment.
Why You Need an Accident Lawyer
If you or your loved one has experienced a golf cart accident, you should contact an accident lawyer immediately. Golf cart injuries are can be extremely serious, sometimes even leading to permanent disabilities and/or death. A Tavares personal injury lawyer can ensure that you are compensated by negligent drivers and/or manufactures, and ensure that all of your medical bills and expenses are afforded. Furthermore, an experienced golf cart accident lawyer may also be able to seek compensation for your property damages and general pain and suffering. These golf cart accident claims are tedious and technical, and are often unsuccessful without the assistance of an experienced golf cart accident attorney.
Strong Representation And Personalized Attention
Personal injury trial lawyer Brent C. Miller has more than 20 years of experience and is knowledgeable about the complex liability and insurance issues in golf cart accidents. You will deal directly with Mr. Miller and our other experienced accident attorneys, not a "case manager." Contact the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller today for a free case evaluation.