Knowing what to do after an SUV accident can be confusing. Fortunately, you're not alone. An experienced Florida SUV accident attorney at the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A. can help you get the compensation you need after your crash.
Dangers of SUV accidents
SUVs offer drivers and passengers a feeling of being higher than every other vehicle on the road. This experience can create a sense of power and security. It may seem easy to operate on the road because an SUV driver can see everything. Also, these powerful vehicles allow drivers to operate on all types of terrain and even through undesirable weather conditions. It may seem like there is nothing to fear in an SUV, but these vehicles are more dangerous than you may think.
SUVs have a significantly higher chance of rolling over. Rollover accidents are much more dangerous than traditional accidents involving regular vehicles. Rollover accidents often result in harsher injuries and greater chances of death.
Sometimes, driver error is to blame. But in many cases, many SUV accidents occur due to design defects. That's why many auto manufacturers have been forced to recall SUVs due to their tendency to roll over and cause serious accidents.
Common rollover accident injuries
SUV accidents typically result in injuries that are severe and even deadly. The following types of injuries are commonly associated with rollover accidents:
- Severe head, brain and spinal cord trauma, injury and/or paralysis
- Amputations/loss of body parts
- Broken limbs
- Blindness and loss of hearing
- Severe physical disfigurement
- Memory loss
- Death (and/or extended life support dependence)
Rollover accidents often result in serious injuries and permanent disabilities. If you have been injured in an SUV accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical needs and expenses. A Central Florida SUV accident attorney can help you make this possible.
What to do after an SUV accident
If you are involved in an SUV accident, there are specific steps that you should take to ensure your safety and wellbeing:
- Alert your insurance company as soon as possible, otherwise they may deny your claim. But keep your comments to a minimum and don't admit fault for the crash.
- Record, document and take pictures. If you plan to seek compensation for property damage, as well as your pain and suffering, you must document as much information regarding the accident as possible. Include specific details regarding the events that led up to the rollover accident. Take pictures of the accident scene. Maintain records of business matters concerning the accident.
- Exchange basic contact information with the parties involved. This includes any and all witnesses and bystanders.
- Contact police. This may come as no surprise, but it is crucial that you dial 911. The incident will need to be recorded by the police.
- Get medical assistance, both for yourself and any passengers in your vehicle.
- Call an auto accident lawyer in Central Florida. You may quickly find that legal representation is necessary to ensure that you gain the necessary compensation for your property damage and injuries. Consider the following ways that a car accident lawyer may help:
- Legal representation, advice and guidance
- Strong advocacy and negotiation
- Assistance with insurance claims, including thorough contract reviews
- Assistance with lawsuits (if applicable)
- Thorough investigation of the accident scene
- Expert testimony and witness support
- Gathering of compelling evidence and supportive documentation
SUV accident lawyers in Central Florida
Our accident attorneys are aware of the hidden dangers and challenges of SUV accidents. This is especially true if you become involved in a legal battle with an auto manufacturer over your SUV rollover accident. Often, they hire entire teams of attorneys to defend their best interests - and deny the compensation you deserve.
If you are involved in an SUV accident in Central Florida, our experienced attorneys can vigorously protect your rights and demand the compensation you deserve. Contact us and schedule your free consultation at one of our four Central Florida offices today.