Far too often, auto accidents result in severe personal injuries and even deaths because drivers fail to adhere to basic standards of proper driving conduct. Fortunately, you have rights. And our attorneys can fight for them.
At the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A., an experienced Florida auto accident lawyer can help you understand what constitutes driver error and how to protect yourself on the road. And as your attorney, we can aggressively advocate for your rights and demand the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Driver errors equal negligence
Driver error, also known as driver negligence, is used to describe any sort of behavior that jeopardizes the safety of oneself and others on the road. Drivers are expected to act with a reasonable sense of care and concern for others.
When actions compromise this ability, it results in driver error. To learn more about driver error in the state of Florida, you should contact an experienced Central Florida personal injury attorney. Driver errors occur much more rampantly than many people expect, and understanding the numerous examples of driver error can potentially save a life.
Common examples of driver error
Examples of driver error may include:
- Speeding (including going below or above the designated speed limit, especially in construction and school zones, as well as driving too fast for the conditions)
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving while fatigued or falling asleep at the wheel
- Drunk driving
- Driving without proper eye gear (such as eyeglasses and/or contacts)
- Aggressive driving (often seen through "road rage")
- Using high-beam lights unnecessarily
- Improper use of turn signals, if at all
- Running stop signs
- Failure to follow basic traffic signs and rules
- Driving with broken car parts (such as shattered tail light, rear view mirror, etc.)
- Usage of cellular devices (such as texting, talking on the phone, etc.)
Overall, driver error is deeply rooted in poor judgment. The aforementioned behaviors are often worsened when drivers operate on the road during harsh weather conditions. Drivers should be alert and healthy when on the road as to ensure that basic traffic rules are followed. Every day, these forms of driver errors contribute to significant car crashes, bodily injuries and even wrongful deaths.
There are many accidents caused by driver error. Most commonly, accidents involving sudden rear-end collisions and side-impact collisions are the result of driver error. In the event that an accident occurs, a car accident lawyer will be beneficial to you.
Benefits of car accident lawyers
Whether you are a victim of driver error or the person responsible for driver negligence, you will need sound legal representation. It is difficult to get proper compensation from insurance companies to pay for property repair and medical expenses. An attorney can assist with the following:
- Locating and gathering compelling evidence to support your claim for your insurance carrier
- Filing successful lawsuits against the at-fault driver
- Contacting experts and other professionals for further support of your claim
- Convincing witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Providing general guidance and advice
- Helping you keep track of important deadlines and records
- Ensuring that you receive compensation for your damages, lost wages and bodily injuries
Avoid becoming a victim of driver error
Although driver error is extremely common and dangerous, there are ways to protect yourself and to avoid becoming a victim. The following safety precautions are basic practices that can help keep you safe on the road.
Practice defensive driving - Defensive driving is the best way to avoid becoming a victim of driver error. This sort of driving technique encourages drivers to anticipate adverse conditions and the poor behavior of others on and off the road. Aside from following basic traffic protocol such as the two-second rule and ensuring that there is ample distance between cars, defensive driving allows drivers to expect the worst of other drivers, ensure that their vehicle is always seen (even through harsh weather conditions and nights) via proper usage of lighting, and encourages general attentiveness and alertness. By assuming that other drivers will not drive appropriately, drivers ensure their own safety and the safety of others on and off the road.
Properly maintain your vehicle - In order for your car to operate efficiently, it is important that you maintain basic upkeep of your vehicle. Get oil changes regularly and avoid driving your vehicle when it is low on gas. These basic measures allow your car to operate smoothly and quickly, so that if you have to suddenly step on your brakes or make sharp turns to prevent a collision, you can do so with ease.
Experienced auto accident lawyers in Central Florida
At the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A., you can trust that our Central Florida auto accident lawyers will go above and beyond to protect and represent you in the event that driver negligence of others threatens your safety and well-being. Contact our personal injury law firm today for a free initial consultation. We are eager to assist you.