Putting the pieces of your life back together after an auto accident is far from easy. There are medical bills to pay, injuries that need treatment and an uncertain future. During this difficult time in your life, you need a dedicated auto accident attorney fighting for your rights.
At the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A., we have experienced car accident lawyers who will go the extra distance to help you recover the full compensation you need for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages. We have secured millions of dollars in jury verdicts and settlements, proving we know what it takes to get the insurance companies to go from an absolute "no" to a willful "yes."
We represent auto accident victims and their families throughout Central Florida, including tourists and "snow birds" from other states.
Full-service representation for Florida auto accident claims
Our car accident attorneys, led by Brent C. Miller, have handled the full spectrum of auto accident claims, including those involving:
Our knowledge of medical protocol combined with our familiarity with insurance law and trial abilities positions us to maximize compensation for our clients. This includes people who have suffered a wide variety of injuries in serious car accidents, from lacerations and broken bones to brain and spinal cord injuries. We also work with families dealing with fatal car accidents.
We are here to empower you. We are here to answer your questions about what to do after a motor vehicle accident and other common questions. We place a priority on being accessible and offering you the kind of service you should expect when hiring a skilled, experienced attorney. We are here to help you.
Steps to take after a car accident
An auto accident (of any kind) can be extremely frightening. There are important steps to take in order to avoid further inconveniences and long-term complications.
- Take a moment to breathe. We understand that you may be experiencing pain and/or severe property damage. However, it is important to remain calm in order to handle logistical and legal matters.
- Call the police. When a law enforcement officer arrives, take down his/her name and badge information. These details may be useful later when establishing your car accident claim.
- Assess any and all injuries and damages.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Make sure to take pictures of damage to any vehicles and anything that may have contributed to your crash.
- Speak to witnesses. If someone saw your accident, their statement could make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case. Make sure you get witnesses' full name, address and phone number in case police or investigators need to talk to them.
- Exchange contact information (names, car model and year, license plate information etc.) with the other drivers involved.
- Keep detailed records of all medical visits, treatment, tests and medications.
- Keep all receipts and bills associated with your accident. This includes car repairs, vehicle rentals, new clothing to replace items ruined in crash. If it's crash related, it counts.
- Move your vehicle out of the road and/or place your hazards lights on to signal your emergency to other drivers.
- File an insurance claim.
- Hire a car accident lawyer!
- Keep detailed records of days/months that require absence from work and/or lost wages.
Still have questions about auto accidents? Read our auto accident FAQs.
Why you need an accident lawyer
After a car accident, you need a car accident lawyer. The reason is simple. You often only have one opportunity to get all the financial compensation you need for the rest of your life for your accident. Insurance companies know this. That's why they play hardball and do everything they can to pay you as little as possible.
Many insurance companies and negligent drivers are reluctant to provide compensation to injured persons after a car accident. Other companies may offer settlements that do not accurately portray the benefits you are rightfully owed. By relying on an experienced car accident lawyer, you can trust that all your needs will be handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
At the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A., our auto accident attorneys have many years of trial advocacy experience. We will go above and beyond to negotiate on your behalf in court or during private meetings. We will not rest until justice is served.
Serving injured clients in Central Florida for over 25 years
Our team of experienced auto accident attorneys has represented accident victims in Central Florida and surrounding communities for more than two decades. We offer aggressive legal representation coupled with an empathetic approach to your unique needs after an auto accident.
We know the area and the local legal system inside and out. That's because we live and work here, just like you. We're part of the community and we're proud to help our neighbors after a serious car crash.
Find out what we can do for you. Contact us today for a free initial consultation. Help is just a phone call away.
"Couldn't ask for a better law firm to handle my auto accident case. They were quick, effective and very down to earth." - Courtney S.