Unfortunately, this isn't always the case. If you have been the victim of an accident on campus due to negligence or dangerous conditions as a student, faculty or staff member, you may be able to file a lawsuit for injuries through a premises liability case.
At the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A. in Central Florida, we can provide you with an attorney to help you receive the compensation you deserve. We know how the legal system works in Florida because we have decades of experience handling such complex cases. Our law firm has offices in four Central Florida locations - Tavares, Inverness, Clermont and The Villages.
Common accidents on campuses
College and university campuses aren't always the havens for students we expect or hope for them to be. A lot can go wrong on a campus, especially if the college or university acts carelessly and refuses to implement the necessary security and preventative actions for the protection of its population. Here are some of the most common accidents on campuses:
- Whether you're walking through the dining hall, lounging in the pool area or simply strolling through campus, slip and fall accidents are one of the most common forms of premises liability injury. If you tripped or fell and suffered an injury due to unsafe conditions that the university could have prevented, you might be eligible for financial compensation.
- Campuses can be quite large. With so many students living in or around the premises, universities should ensure that there is enough security in place to keep everyone safe. If you were the victim of assault while on campus, you can file a premises liability lawsuit and contact a negligent security lawyer at our Florida law firm.
- Vehicle accidents - whether in a car, scooter or motorcycle - occur quite frequently on college and university campuses. With so many vehicles passing by throughout the day, campuses should be prepared and equipped to handle the flow of traffic efficiently. If your accident was caused due to unsafe or defective roadways on campus, contact our law firm. We can help you with your premises liability case.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents can be common due to the many students, faculty and staff traveling from place to place to reach their classrooms, the library or their apartments. If you were the victim of a pedestrian or bicycle injury, seek out an accident lawyer to represent you with your case.
- Sports teams and clubs are abundant at universities; they're a good way of staying active and interacting with peers. However, an injury from sports can put a halt on your academic life. If you suffered an injury due to the negligence or disregard for safety of the university's sports department, you might qualify for compensation.
- Hazing at universities and colleges is strictly prohibited, yet it still occurs. If you suffered injuries due to hazing, seek out the representation of injury attorneys in the Central Florida region for your premises liability case.
Importance of an accident attorney
If you suffered an injury on a campus such as UCF Leesburg or Beacon College, you should immediately contact a Florida accident attorney. If you were the victim of an assault or theft, make sure to contact the police first and then seek representation.
By having an attorney at your side, we can handle every aspect of your premises liability case and fight for the fair compensation you deserve from the university for your injuries. If you are given a financial offer from an institution before settling a premises liability claim, do not accept it right away. Meet with your attorney for legal counsel.
Accepting a settlement offer could forfeit your right to take any further legal action. An accident attorney can discuss all your legal options when you've suffered an injury on campus and devise the best course of action to strengthen your case to obtain compensation.
Premises liability law firm in Central Florida
At the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A., our attorneys understand the legal system and are dedicated to looking out for your best interests and protecting your rights. If you obtained an injury on campus, don't let the big universities and colleges push you around. You deserve fair compensation for their negligence. Contact us today for a premises liability attorney for any injuries endured in UCF South Lake, Lake Technical College, or any other campus in the Central Florida region.