Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents happen here as well, often resulting in serious injuries or even fatalities. That's why it's important to take steps designed to prevent motorcycle accidents from happening in the first place.
Our Florida motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Brent C. Miller, P.A. know how important it is to be safe on the road. That's because we ride, just like you. We also understand that many motorcycle accidents occur due to the reckless behavior of other drivers. We know how risky our roads can be for bikers and we have your back.
Steps for staying safe
So what can you do to protect yourself on your motorcycle in Florida? We strongly recommend taking the following precautions:
- Properly maintain your motorcycle - Regularly check the brakes, your oil, etc.
- Wear protective gear - This often includes leather jackets, pants, jeans, boots, etc.
- Look both ways before turning or changing lanes - Many motorists don't pay attention to motorcyclists. Be your best lookout.
- Make eye contact with other drivers - If you're turning or changing lanes, make sure other motorists can see you. Look them in the eye if possible.
- Leave enough space between you and other vehicles - If another driver gets too close, slow down or change lanes.
- Adjust speed according to weather - If it's raining hard, slow down.
- Consider wearing a helmet - Even though motorcyclists over 21 years old do not have to wear a helmet, it's something to consider for your own protection.
You can take all these precautions and many more - and motorcycle accidents still sometimes occur. That's why it's important to talk an attorney at our law firm as soon as possible.
How we help you
Motorcyclists often get blamed for causing collisions, even when the other driver clearly behaved in a reckless or negligent manner. And while you know you did nothing wrong, it's critical that you have evidence to support to your motorcycle accident claim.
Our experienced Florida motorcycle accident attorneys can help you build a strong legal case. We know what facts matter when it comes to such complicated cases. And we know how to find them - from analyzing accident reports to interviewing witnesses and consulting with experts. We leave no stone unturned.
Find out how we can help you after your motorcycle accident. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation today.